Saturday, February 14, 2015

DIY - COUPLE TEE (painted version)

Today I wanted to do something special for my husband. And I decided to make a customized couple t-shirt. I know you can get it printed and stuff but it's always special when you hand make something right?

I love anchors, so wanted to do something with "anchor" as a theme. Both t-shirts will have a picture of an anchor. The boy t-shirt will say "I WILL NEVER..." and the girl t-shirt will say "...LET YOU SINK"! :P Here we go...

Things you will need:
1. 2 plain t-shirts
2. Fabric Paint
3. Alphabet sensils
4. Paint brush

Step 1: First let's work on the boys t-shirt. Put the t-shirt on a flat surface. Draw an anchor on it. Fill it with paint. (Make sure you keep an hard surface below the t-shirt so that the paint doesn't stick to the back of the t-shirt)



Step 2: Get alphabet stencils ( I got it from itsy- bitsy). Arrange the letters (I WILL NEVER) and paint on them. And slowly pull the letters out. Let it dry for few minutes.



Step 3: Take the girls t-shirt and do the same with letters as "LET YOU SINK"



Step 4: Here are both the t-shirts. I also put both our name at the back side. It's my first try. May be in my next attempt it will be lil more neater. ;)

 
Presenting to you the end product :P


If you do not have time to paint, you can get it printed. Tutorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment