Thursday, March 3, 2016

WHY I BLOG


When I was 9, I cried in a bathroom because my relatives told that I was dark and my sister was fair. So I was insecure about my skin color.

At 12, I hid under the cot since I had a big nose. So I wouldn't like to meet the guests at who came home.

At 14, I cringed when we had to take class photos during school picnic because I was short and thought I was ugly. So I hid my picture.

At 20, I cried when that boy broke my heart because he met a prettier girl. So I felt nobody would ever like me and I would never get married.

At 22, I when everyone had their ministry, I was depressed that I couldn't preach or sing like my dad or sister did.

At 24, I realized that I had spent the first two decades of my life believing the lie that I needed to be perfect. Clean, crisp and poised. So I did all I could to hide my messes. My insecurities. My doubt. My discouragement.

But the truth is that I always felt out of place. I felt too messy and awkward and ugly.

And that's half the reason why my blog has messy and unusual stories. But the truth is that it's a sanctuary for me, where I can pour out my heart before God. A place where I can drop the filters and be the sad little girl that hid in a bathroom. Except there's no hiding under the cot, no comparison, no judgment, no holding back. It's me, my heart poured out in every color, scratch, and squiggle. Because I had found comfort and confidence in one place alone - at Jesus' feet. And today, it's still the only place I'm free to drop the filters, to feel imperfect and ugly without wanting to hide, and free to be messy with a God who adores every ounce of me. And my out-pour on the page is out of my own experiences. It is to encourage you that there is hope in Christ alone.

God has turned my mess into a message. It's true for you, too. So if you're feeling fat, short or ugly or heartbroken or discouraged or messed up: that's okay. There is HOPE!

Your greatest testimony is that you went through fire but you don't smell like smoke!

3 comments:

  1. I am feeling very sorry for you after reading your story. But you should know that every human being are beautiful. God didn't create his child look like ugly. So you don't need to be feel bad. I think you should go to the church and give worship to the God. Worship chords

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm absolutely fine now :) It was what I went through but I overcame it with God's help. And yeah I do go to church ever since I remember as my dad is a preacher! :D Thanks for writing!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blog dear.. ur inspiring as always Grace.I still remember the days u taught me guitar chords and Na hathiraviru song. Everytime I sing the song.. I do remember u dear. keep up the good work.. With lots of love Jemima Priyadarshini

    ReplyDelete